Joe Alvarez <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 14 Oct 2012 00:51:54 -0400
John,

I finally mailed my SAMLA conference registration. So, some time soon, can we coordinate the hotel room and any other logistics needed? I can bring some booze and snacks.

I have the time off for MLA, but I don't think I will go. It's still a possibility, but not a likelihood right now.

Has Dennis Eddings contacted you about another Mad session at ALA next year? Are you interested in ALA "Son of Mad"? I guess the new way to put it is Mad 2.0. Dennis has a paper titled "Mad about 'The Raven,'" and I could do one on other Mad poetry (e.g.,"I Wandered Lonely as a Clod"). He does not want Jules to know about any potential panel; nor do I. We would need another panelist, of course, plus a chair.

My new days off for the next six months are Wednesday and Thursday. Maybe we can get together before (or after) SAMLA.

I hope you are enjoying a pleasant weekend in the mountains.

Some bad news: Sue's mother died last month, as did my aunt, the last remaining member of my father's family/generation. We were attending my aunt's funeral in Lakeland, FL, when Sue's mom deteriorated rapidly. We were able to get Sue to West Palm Beach in time for her final three or four hours.

Joe Alvarez
900 Havel Court
Charlotte, NC 28211-4253

Telephone: 704.364.2844