From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 09:29:41 -0500
On 11/8/04 5:17 PM, "Kevin. Mac Donnell" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> I routinely make images available to Twain scholars at no charge (unless
> photography or special expenses are required).

Hi Kevin;

I am back from Italy and my book is coming to the endgame.  It will appear
fall of 2006 from University of Alabama Press.

Can we resume our discussion about images for the book?  You very graciously
agreed to help me with this last year, so I hope that offer still stands.  I
am happy to reimburse you for any costs.

I would also hope to use some images not normally used in Twain books.

I get to use 10 prints only.  I would hope to have the following:

1.  Twain with Twichell.
2.  Twichell, perhaps along with church building.
3.  Twain with Livy and 3 girls .
4.  Twain's mother, and father (does one exist??)
5.  Horace Bushnell.
6.  Father David Hawley.
7.  Twain in any "religious" or spiritual type pose or setting.
8.  Twain with Booker T. Washington.
9.  Susy Clemens in early 20s.

I have some ideas about specifically which ones I would like to use but I am
open to your suggestions.

Thanks!!

Harold K. Bush, Ph.D
Saint Louis University