From:
Leslie MYRICK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:06:28 -0400
We have evidence that Clemens did meet Douglass at least once--see SLC to
Livy, 15 and 16 Dec 1869
https://www.marktwainproject.org/xtf/view?docId=letters/UCCL00388.xml;query=douglass;searchAll=;sectionType1=;sectionType2=;sectionType3=;sectionType4=;sectionType5=;style=letter;brand=mtp#1

After more than a decade of cataloguing images of MT, with the intention of
compiling a complete iconography, starting with the extensive collection at
MTP, I'm pretty sure there are no extant photographs of Clemens and
Douglass together.