From:
randy abel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2007 07:19:10 -0800
     I'm currently researching Twain's writings concerning China and Chinese
immigrants, and will soon begin teaching a seminar covering selected works
on the topic here at Yantai University in Shandong Province.
       I've found the Elmira 2005 conference sched listing the "Mark Twain
and China" panel and I wonder if anyone might care to reflect on the scope
and content of those presentations and/or any recent or ongoing scholarship
of note on the subject.
       Additionally, I've had no luck tracking down a copy of the essay "The
Case of Rev. Dr. Ament, Missionary" and would appreciate a posting or word
of a web location for it.

  Randy Abel