From:
Kit Farwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kit Farwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2019 16:43:11 +0000
     Thank you Benjamin and Robert!   It makes sense that Andrew J. Marsh was correspondent as the very detailed reporting must have been from shorthand and he wrote Marsh' New Manual of Reformed Phonetic Shorthand.
    I see that Mark Twain of the Enterprise has a long section on the legislative reporters; Sam attending the House and Clement T. Rice (Virginia City Daily Union) attending the Council sessions and collaborating, along with Marsh (Sacramento Daily Union).
    Did Rice know shorthand?  It would be hard to report on both houses if he didn't write shorthand.
    I wonder if Marsh attended mostly the House or the House sessions?

Thanks - Kit
Kit Farwell