From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2017 10:09:36 -0600
Susan--

I don't think his authorship of that introduction has ever been questioned,
but late in Twain's life a fellow by the name of Rev. Levi Powers of
Haverhill, MA sent Twain a pile of books with questions written on the end
papers for Twain to answer. The Reverend was cleverly seeking Twain's
autographs in his Twain first editions, and his ploy worked. In my copy of
Carolino's NEW GUIDE Powers wrote to Twain "This is certainly funny, but how
did it ever manage to see print?"  Twain wrote his answer below: "It is
genuine. And good. Mark Twain."

So, for to be one answer at your question posing it my say would have a Yes.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books
9307 Glenlake Drive