From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jun 2022 10:23:58 -0700
Mark Twain lectured three times at Rondout, New York (that I'm aware
of).  To reach that town he would have needed to take the Hudson River
Railroad to Rhinebeck, then a ferry boat across the Hudson River to
Rondout.  I was curious about this ferry service and contacted the
Hudson River Maritime Museum.  Carla Lesh, the Collections Manager and
Archivist was helpful in sending me an article on the history of this
ferry.  I have summarized the salient points, in regards to Twain's use
of this ferry, in my entry on Rondout, NY:
http://twainsgeography.com/location/rondout-new-york

--
/Unaffiliated Geographer and Twain aficionado/