From:
Ben Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 May 2014 18:03:07 +0000
Do you think Nebraska should rename its capital, Clemens, NE?  Or perhaps more fittingly, the major performance center in NY now be dubbed The Mark Twain Center.  How about his puss on the $5 bill?  That would surely signal the economic collapse of the nation.  Maybe we should quit while we're ahead with Honest Abe.

Ben

----- Original Message -----From: Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>To: [log in to unmask]: Sun, 04 May 2014 12:59:45 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: Twain Museums

Do you count Lincoln as an author? I do; in which case, Abe wins handsdown... depending on how and what you count as museums/centers, well over 4and probably more like 7 or 8, or even more... including the brand newLincoln College Center. ps: there is still no Mark Twain College, orClemens University!

-hb

-- Prof. Harold K. BushProfessor of English3800 LindellSaint Louis UniversitySt. Louis, MO 63108314-977-3616 (w); 314-771-6795 (h)<www.slu.edu/x23809.xml>