Sender:
From:
tdempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2006 17:27:55 -0500
I went down today and went through the 1840 census records for Hannibal and
was unable to locate a Cross of any kind.  I do not think I overlooked it.
I will go down when and if I have a time and ask the church clerk to
retrieve the session minutes of the First Presbyterian Church. She has done
this for me in the past.  The complete record for this period exists. I only
photocopied the first few years of the church when I was researching my book
on slavery. I will see if there is a Cross listed.  If he was a member, he
will be there. I will post what I find.
    If anyone else wants to double-check the census, I would not be
offended.
    Terrell Dempsey