From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Oct 2020 10:12:37 -0700
I've made an attempt at mapping Twain's route through Italy in the
Spring of 1892.  This follows departing the French Riviera at Menton; to
Pisa, Rome, Florence, Venice, and finally at Cadenabbia on Lake Como.  I
have little to no detailed information on the specifics of the routes
taken and have relied on an 1896 map of European railways - along with
Google Earth's railroads overlay.

https://twainsgeography.com/content/italy-spring-1892

My map of routes is interactive, meaning it can be viewed in full screen
and enlarged to a precise level.  If anyone has specific knowledge of
exactly where they were in this time-frame it would be helpful, allowing
me to fine tune the map.  I assume this would mean anyone with access to
letters posted by Twain's daughters and/or Livy.  I'm thinking of the
invaluable assistance provided by Miki Pfeffer and the note on St
Gothard/Gotthard Pass.

Thanks...