From:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Dec 2016 19:07:41 +0000
I would like to create a PowerPoint presentation that would show one location per slide (a map with a pushpin designating where he was living at the time), following Sam/Mark through his life. e.g., slide 1 would be:
1835-1839: Florida, MO
Slide 2 would be:
1839-1857: Hannibal, MO
...etc.
The comprehensive list would include dozens of places around both the U.S. and the world; it would suffice to limit the changes of locale to places where he stayed long enough to be considered at least a temporary resident there. Or if he moved around a general area for some time, but without staying long in any one place, I would just make it a slide using a country, such as "September 1880: Switzerland" (or whenever it was that he was gathering material for "A Tramp Abroad").IOW, dates for the following locations might suffice:
Florida, MO
Hannibal, MO
St. Louis, MO
New York, NY
Philadelphia, PA
Washington, DC
Keokuk, IA
Muscatine, IA
Cincinnati, OH
Carson City, NV
Aurora, NV
Virginia City, NV
San Francisco, CA
Tuolumne County, CA
Hawaii
Hartford, CT
Elmira, NY
Germany
Switzerland
Austria
France
Italy
England
Sweden
Bermuda
Does anyone here have such a timeline/chronological listing they would be willing to share? I will gladly make the resulting PowerPoint file available publicly. - B. Clay Shannon