Sender:
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 02:39:21 -0400
On Wed, 23 Aug 1995, Headly Westerfield wrote:

> >Samuel Clemens had several pseudonyms antedating _Mark Twain._ Quintus
> >Curtius Snodgrass, Thomas Jefferson Snodgrass, and one or two others that
> >cannot recall. These were used primarily during his early days as a
> >newspaper man.
>
> Have any of these early writings been reprinted?
>
> I ask with trepidation.  I'd hate to re-read any of my early stuff, but
> would be very interested to read the formative Twain.

Try the Unversity of California's 1979 _The Works of Mark Twain: Early
Tales and Sketches, Vol. 1, 1851-1864_ for work written under several
names other than Snodgrass.

_The Adventures of Thomas Jefferson Snodgrass_ was published in 1925.
The three T.J.S.letters it contains are scheduled to be reprinted
(some day) with the travel writings by the U. of Cal.

Clemens did not write the Quintus Curtius Snodgrass letters, according to
_The Mark Twain Encyclopedia_.

Larry Marshburne