From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2016 09:57:20 -0600
Bradley's  recollection may be a conflation of Hal Holbrook's meeting with
Clara on April 12, 1961, a date proven by a letter I have from Clara, and
Laura Trombley's own work with the papers. I don't think Clara and Nina were
living together in Hollywood either; Nina was all over the place and they
were estranged a good deal of the time. Twain's papers were already pretty
well sorted by the time Hal Holbrook and Clara met each other, and long
before Trombley did her research there. For an accurate history of how
Twain's paper came to rest at the Mark Twain Paper & Project at the Bancroft
Library click this link (or paste it into your browser if it's not a live
link by the time it appears in the MT Forum, as sometimes happens:

http://www.marktwainproject.org/about_projecthistory.shtml

Hope this is helpful.

Kevin
@