From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:20:04 -0500
David -- The biography can be pre-ordered now, I believe, at the University of Georgia Press site mentioned in the original posting. Thanks so much. -- SteveSteve Courtney7 Union St.Terryville, CT [log in to unmask]> Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 14:58:21 -0500> From: [log in to unmask]> Subject: Re: Joe Twichell biography> To: [log in to unmask]> > Thank you for the feat remark. I would finagle a sale here but I've had my > One-shot-by-God go at marketing here, save that I mention the book and the > Forum at cocktail parties and get remarkable expressions in return. > > Right now I'm working on Dec. 1889, and planning my next trip to Berkeley, > where my feat becomes sore feet, having to walk a mile each way and dodge all > the street people living in carts who look like escapees from the worst of the > '60s. I tell myself they'd be handsome next to the prospectors of the > Comstock.> > Though this is an imbalanced forum toward the literary end of things, I hold > strong conviction that laying out the historical record, big and small, > mundane, arcane and earth-shaking--those things are at least as important as > chasing Freudian fantasies between the lines. Still, I do enjoy reading those > chases--it's all good, really. I'm currently closing out each evening with a > reading from Budd's _MT Social Philosopher_ which is steak compared to many of > the muffins one sees published these days. > > When will your book be available for purchase?> > David H Fears> > > > **************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money & > Finance. (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)