From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 15:11:52 -0500
Thanks, Peter, that's 3 minutes I'll never see again.

There are very many , often simple, mistakes in this article.  My favorite
is "plume de nom" but there at least 7 or 8 more.  I guess fact checking
isn't so popular any more but it's just a small town paper -- ... O wait,
turns out this is from  a major paper like the LA Times??? wow discouraging

--
Prof. Harold K. Bush
Professor of English

Advance Buzz for *The Hemingway Files* by H. K. Bush  (coming June 2017!)

"A young American professor accepts a prestigious post in Japan, only to
wonder whether he’s being manipulated by a wealthy collector of literary
treasures. In a gripping story both nuanced and layered, H.K. Bush creates
a fable of literary obsession, longing, and the allure of the unknowable."

      Janie Chang, author of *Dragon Springs Road *

"A puzzle-box of a novel set in late twentieth-century Japan that entices
and tantalizes the reader with an alluringly beautiful woman, a sagacious
teacher, and a literary treasure trove that unlocks the secret to one of
the great mysteries in Hemingway biography."

       Dr. James Hutchisson, author of *Ernest Hemingway: A New Life*

"Fascinating. Compelling. Engaging. *The Hemingway Files* is all of the
above and so much more. Bush knows his subjects--Whitman, Twain, Melville,
Pound, and above all, Ernest Hemingway.  His novel teaches us a measure of
reality that is so rare in fiction these days, and even in its liberally
creative moments, gives us something true to hold onto and to hold steady
with in the current of our modern world."

       Dr. Matthew Nickel, author of *Hemingway’s Dark Night*