From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2018 12:41:35 +0000
For myself:  My initial response is to say I have not really thought all that much about this PBS series, or the reasons some books were chosen and others left out;  also, I have not really been following the series though I did see part of the opening.  I suppose AHF's omission would be related to its controversial nature in terms of depictions of race.  Does anyone happen to know if Uncle Tom's Cabin or Gone with the Wind, (to take 2 other obvious examples of "classics" that receive protest due to depictions of race) are part of the list?  Or more generally, any thoughts on the series as a whole?

Dr. Hal Bush

Dept. of English

Saint Louis University

314-977-3616