Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 17:55:48 -0500
Twain is quoted in a newspaper interview that appeared in the New York Times
on Nov. 11, 1883 stating he is in favor of an international copyright law.
He furthers adds "So was my great grandfather--it was in 1847 that he made
his struggle in this great work--and it my hope and prayer that as long as
my stock shall last the transmitted voice of that old man still go ringing
down the centuries...."

Which great grandfather is he alluding to?  And any recommend sources that
detail this?

Barb