From:
"Glen M. Johnson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:44:33 -0400
I for one think that Richard Pryor is an absolutely inspired, amazingly
apt choice for the first Twain award. There is nobody alive (and of
course he is alive, if just barely) who has been as great a master of
vernacular storytelling. (Of course, it's a different vernacular. . .
.)  I can't believe that a government-affiliated agency could get this
so right the first time.
  By the way, at tonight's state dinner for President Havel, the
featured performer is Lou Reed!  In these darks days, there's some hope
for govenment (albeit in this case the Czech government) after all!
  For those who are distressed, take comfort in the fact that the
Christian Coalition convention begins tomorrow in Washington

Glen Johnson
D.C.