From:
MARK DAWIDZIAK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MARK DAWIDZIAK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2017 17:08:47 +0000
The days in Elmira are a wonderful blur of lovely memories -- from the high level of scholarship and singing (well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it) to seeing old friends and making new ones. To all of those who were there for the first time . . . y'all come back now.It has been 20 years since, at the insistence of Tom Tenney (all praise his memory) I attended my first Elmira summit, and six conferences later I'm still amazed that I get to be part of this gathering every four years. Big thanks to Kerry and Ann -- and the Elmira team kicking through big time with their first conference: Joe, Matt, Nathaniel and Steve. You done real good.The new "Huckleberry Finn" film should be of particular interest to one of this conference's award winner, Kent Rasmussen, who is rumored to be examining the many cinematic attempts to adapt the book. Intriguing news, to say the least. Thanks for sharing this, John.