From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 17:56:13 -0500
I'm pleased to post some great news.  Among the nominees in the 42nd
annual Grammy awards announced yesterday is _The Diaries of Adam and
Eve: Translated by Mark Twain_ (San Francisco: Fair Oaks Audio, 1999).
Performed by Mandy Patinkin and Betty Buckley, and narrated by Walter
Cronkite, this audio adaptation is one of five nominations in the
"Best Spoken Word Album" category.  Winners will be announced on
February 23.

Big congratulations to co-producer Don Roberts, who also edited the
1997 volume on which the recording is based.

Some relevant links are below.  Should you want to buy the book or CD,
please allow me to gently remind you that purchases from Amazon.com
initiated through the first two links below generate commissions that
are donated to the Mark Twain Project.  The CD is also still available
at a discount through the first link.

   Audio review by Wesley Britton, 14 August 1999
   http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/forum/reviews/adam1-rv.html

   Book review by Larry Howe, 15 April 1998
   http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/forum/reviews/rob1-rev.html

   List of nominations
   http://www.grammy.com/nominee/

Best wishes for the New Year,