From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:21:39 -0800
For those of you that already have accounts in Second Life and for those
aware of it but haven't logged in yet, I have created an avatar named
SLClemens.  I suspect that most readers of this list haven't a clue what
I'm talking about, Second Life indeed.  I'll leave that to you to
google. Anyway, I've created this avatar and characterize him as an
itinerant story teller that visits venues throughout the Second Life
grid and reads stories from the works of Mark Twain.  He is currently
working on Roughing It and has an engagement on Thursday March 3 at 1pm
(pst).  He's using a copy obtained from the Gutenberg project in order
to avoid any potential copyright issues.

Now I don't pretend to be a Mark Twain impersonator nor do I attempt to
do dialects, just straight reading from the text.  I've rarely done any
public speaking outside of presenting papers back in my graduate school
days and my erstwhile career many years ago.  I'm doing this because I
want to try to do something creative with this new platform, Second
Life, and because I love Mark Twain's works.  SLClemens will not attempt
any of Twains novels but will stick primarily to his travel adventures,
if he can get through Roughing It.