From:
Fred Harwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:53:46 -0400
I seldom speak to this forum, preferring to listen to the abundant
scholarship.  With some unease, may I suggest that the below is opinion, and
that the quote offered in support of the opinion should be applied to all
bending of the knee, as found in various political opinion.

--
Linwood Cottage, Sheffield

Monarchs are usurpers and descendants of usurpers; for the reason that no
throne was ever set up in this world by the will, freely exercised, of the
only body possessing the legitimate right to set it up - the numerical mass
of the nation.
-- Mark Twain, Letter to Sylvester Baxter, 1889