From:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2018 15:58:38 +0000
Sorry, I dyslexified "considered" and unintentionally omitted "sure" as to my degree of certainty of not having "dreamt it all up."
- B. Clay Shannon

    On Sunday, December 16, 2018, 7:48:30 AM PST, Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 I think we all know that Twain was being bold or even cosnidered "radical" for sporting his [in]famous white suit, at a time when practically all suits were the same shade of black.
I recall reading something where Twain said (paraphrasing):
If I had the guts to do it, I would wear a purple robe...
Does anybody know where this passage is/where to find it? I did the obligatory googling, but did not uncover it. I'm 99.7% that I didn't dream it.
I imagine it's probably in his autobiography (I have read all three volumes), but who knows: it might actually be from a work of fiction, or an essay, or even a letter!
- B. Clay Shannon