From:
John's Email <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2017 12:42:53 -0400
As some of you know, I started recording Mark Twain writings 11 years ago for librivox/archive (.org).
The first one was his "Chapters from my Autobiography" which I found in monthly installments in my library's collection of the North American Review. I scanned all the pages and sent them to Project Gutenberg which then allowed me to record the work for Librivox.
Now, 11 years later, I've almost succeeded in my quest to record all of Twain's writings and I know that I will only have access to all his letters if I read from collected microfiche files since the MT Project has copyrighted all his letters. I have been unable to receive the right to record them from the MTP and have been told that another collection of his letters, in the public domain, is incomplete and inaccurate.
SO...
Switching gears....can anyone suggest some early biographies of MT/SC that would be worth recording for Public Domain??

Thanks for any suggestions...
And since this is not really a list discussion question...please write to me directly at

For those who don't know my work....here's a link to the collection at archive.org ...

http://archive.org/search.php?query=(read%20by%20John%20Greenman)%20AND%20mediatype:(Audio)&sort=-downloads

-j

John Greenman

Archive.org audio recording
Audiobooks from Librivox

“Corporation, n.
An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.”
― Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary