From:
Benjamin GRIFFIN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2015 15:57:11 -0700
There was a short and rather perfunctory notice of this performance in the
Brooklyn Eagle on 22 February 1885 (page 12):

IN THE ACADEMY OF MUSIC.
Mark Twain and George W. Cable Entertain a Brooklyn Audience.
     The Academy of Music was well filled last night by an audience which
was entertained by Mark Twain and George W. Cable. It is not long since
these gentlemen visited Brooklyn, but they have entirely failed to exhaust
their welcome. Both readers were in excellent humor, their drolleries
competing with the more pathetic efforts by which the programme was
diversified. The latter was as follows: "Narcisse Puts on Mourning for Lady
Byron," Mr. Cable; "Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer's Brilliant Achievement," Mark
Twain; "Aurore and Honore" (courtship scene), Mr. Cable; "The Blue Jay's
Mistake," Mark Twain; "Mary's Night Ride," Mr. Cable; "The Jumping Frog,"
Mark Twain.

[end]

--
Benjamin Griffin