From:
Tracy Wuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 07:45:22 -0500
Jules (and Forum),

I did some digging about the location of Twain's performance in Olympia,
which is no longer standing.  The manager of the Olympia Film Society,
which is in a beautiful renovated theater of its own, found this for me:

http://olympiahistory.org/wp/site-of-olympia-opera-house/

The theater is now gone, but there is a bookstore in its place where I
spent many hours (and dollars) when I lived in Olympia as an undergraduate.
 The bookstore is where I purchased "Our Mark Twain" and "Lighting Out for
the Territory," two books that were key to my decision to go to graduate
school, where to go, and what to study.  If I believed in a another world,
I would be tempted to hear the spirit rappings of Samuel Clemens in my
experience...

If you are ever in Olympia, be sure to visit Orca Books, as well as the
Capitol Theater, which is home to the Olympia Film Society.

Best,

Tracy