From:
robert a dagnall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1993 20:14:21 MST
A friend made a gift of a first edition of Paine's _Biography_
in four volumes.  Beneath the facsimilie of MT's letter to friends
asking them to share material with Paine is *Paine's signature*,
written in a different shade of ink than that used to print the
book.

If you have this edition of Paine's _Biography_ or are familiar
with it, would you tell me if this appears in your set as well?
I am anxious to know if I have a signed copy!  The local University
library's copy doesn't bear this signature - but that's not
definitive proof, for their is a set of *two* volumes.  I wouldn't
want to rely on comparisons with a different edition - the
validity of this would be questionable.

Robert Dagnall