From:
Scott Holmes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 2015 12:33:46 -0700
I found this in Mark Twain Day by Day for November 14, 1884:
Cable wrote home:

We had a great time last night. Twenty-two hundred people applauding,
laughing & encoring, In Music Hall. This morning Clemens & I go out to
make a call or two. Tonight we read in Brockton. Tomorrow afternoon &
night in Chickering Hall. Our show is a great success. It isn’t easy to
write as Mark Twain is singing “We shall walk through the
Valley” [Turner, MT & GWC 59.]

They did not play Chickering Hall until Tuesday the 18th.  I find it
strange that he would be so misinformed about their itinerary so close
to the date.