From:
Warren Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2021 23:18:42 -0500
Thank you, John. I really appreciate you providing the hyperlink.

Like Mr. Holbrook, I graduated from Culver Military Academy. It was there
that I first saw him do 'Mark Twain Tonight' in 1959 or 1960. I later saw
him in theaters in Omaha and in Tulsa. In fact, when he came to Tulsa in
the late 1990s, I sent him a note backstage before the show began asking
him to do his rendition of Twain's 'The War Prayer' and mentioning that I,
too, had graduated from Culver. Bless him - he did 'The War Prayer' in the
second act.

Then, about ten days later, I got a handwritten note from him saying that
he had me in mind when he did 'The War Prayer' and that he hoped I had
enjoyed it. Wow.

May he rest in peace.

WDM