Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 16:42:00 EST
I have not kept up with this particular strand of conversations, so I hope I
am not repeating what has been said before.

There is a musical comedy of the Prince and the Pauper. I know I have a copy
somewhere in the house. And there is an older musical--I think with a pre-MASH
Alan Alda-- called "The Apple". It is based on The Diaries of Adam and Eve. I
remember it as being   particularly nice. I think I might have an old LP of
it, or at least a tape.

I believe Jerome Kern also wrote something, perhaps just an overture.

And there are the Kurt Weill songs for the Huckleberry Finn musical that
never happened.

Dennis Kelly