Sender:
From:
Hilton Manfred Obenzinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 08:28:16 -0800
The idea of an on-line course seems to tickle a lot of people.  Someone
needs to be hooked in to an institution (a university) with the time and
the payroll to do it.  Until something like that pops up, most people will
still be only hoping.  Clearly, from a demand point of view, it can be
done; now it's up to the supply.  Where are all the dot.com entrepeneurs?
I know I use a (limited) web site with a discussion group for my class at
Stanford, and it's remarkable what students are able to say within the
anonymous confines of their computer rather than in the public glare of
the classroom, so I think on-line discussions of Twain in a systematic way
would certainly work.

Hilton Obenzinger