From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2018 20:16:02 +0000
those are great comments, Barb, thanks for sharing them.  I do admit to liking a lot of Ken Burns, even while admitting his typical errors/missed info, or lack of coverage in favor of, for example, huge coverage of Coltrane & Miles Davis; or of Jackie Robinson, the Yankees, and so on.

That said:  I have some vague memories of complaints about the Twain series by Burns -- but I'm not recalling a meltdown or anything.  I recall fondly the showing of parts of the film at Elmira, too -- and the Q&A afterwards as one of the highlights of any of the Elmira conferences.  Pardon me if I'm wrong, but am I misremembering that there was little or no visceral complaining about the Burns MT doc??  If there are any other, similarly fulminating remarks about it, a la the late Mr. Crimmins, I'd love to see them ...

Dr. Hal Bush

Dept. of English

Saint Louis University

314-977-3616