Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:47:24 -0700
I'm interested, but I realize I don't have the academic qualifications to
guarantee an acceptable opinion.
Nevertheless, I'm interested.  I actually have a
mystical connection with this topic.  My cousins used
to live in Tahoe City for decades and long ago I
thought it odd nobody had put together a small pamphlet
with Mark Twain's writing on Lake Tahoe, thinking tourists would snap it
up.  But I never did anything about it.  A few weeks ago, I mentioned this
to friends who
thought it was a great idea.  On September 26, I finally proceeded to google
Twain+Tahoe and came upon an
announcement, issued that very day (!), about
Mr. Antonucci's new book!  After thinking "Curses!  Foiled Again!" I
comforted myself with the thought it had been a
good idea.  I've often wondered whether the spot where
Mark Twain started a fire had conclusively been identified.  I look forward
to reading _Fairest Picture..._.

Pardon me for launching into this personal aside, but
the timing of all this boggled my mind.

Arianne Laidlaw

--
Arianne Laidlaw A '58