Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:05:01 +0200
Dear group:
I am being totally indoctrinated with Twain biographies.  As a kid of
13, when reading Dear, Dear LIvy, I was quite impressed that Clara,
Twain's Daughter, would practice the piano for eight hours a day, when I
couldn't stand to practice for even one hour.  She did however take up
singing.  Really, does anyone know or has anyone read anything stating
whether she really was a good singer?  All of us have read, or if we are
old enough heard, that President Truman's daughter tried to make it as a
classical singer, and it would have been to the world's advantage if she
had not sung.  What was the situation with Clara Clemens?
Thank you.

Camy