From:
Alan Kitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2018 08:34:02 -0400
This is a man who was at least directionally, if not geographically, challenged. And he mixed fact with fiction when memory failed. Add to that the fact that Ballarat is in an Australian gold-mining region. Is it a stretch to think Twain might comingle areas when writing in a financially stressed condition during a long and extremely tiring tour?

Sent from my iPhone