From:
bob gill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 22:54:27 -0400
I heard about "Jap Herron" a few years ago when a reporter on my paper did a
story about seances and related phenomena. She knew I was interested in Mark
Twain and gave me the details, even though she didn't use them in her
article. So the next time I went to the Library of Congress I got ahold of
the book in question, just to see it with my own eyes.

The most interesting thing, to me, was on the title page. There's no author
listed, I assume because Mark Twain's estate got wind of the book and
prohibited the use of his name. But there is an unmistakable silhouette of
MT's head right where you might expect to find the author's name.
Considering the fact that he was quite possibly the most recognizable
American of the period, that was a pretty clever trick by whoever published
the book, don't you think?

And by the way, as some others have said, the book itself is utter junk.

Bob Gill