Sender:
From:
Rob Browning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Dec 1998 13:21:54 -0800
        On 28 June 1891, Clemens wrote to his children from Aix-les-Bains,
where
he had gone seeking relief for the rheumatism in his right arm:

" . . . when I shall have finished learning to write with my left hand, I
will communicate with you more frequently."

The manuscript letter, written in a rather feeble scrawl, is included in
our current exhibition at The Bancroft Library, "Mark Twain at Large:  His
Travels Here and Abroad."  Part of the letter in French is quoted in our
catalog of the exhibition.  Information on acquiring the catalog as well as
scanned selections from the exhibition itself are electronically accessible
at http://library.berkeley.edu/BANC/Exhibits/MTP/.