From:
Peter Salwen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2008 11:52:19 -0700
Kevin --

Your article sounds fantastic, and I can't wait to read it. I thought I'd
subscribed to the MTJ, but it's possible I haven't; your note gives me an
irresistible reason to follow that up.

It sounds like an exhilarating project, & I'm deeply envious.

My only sense of "inside Stormfield" came from MT's account of the September
1909 Clara Clemens-Ossip Gabrilowitch-David Bispham recital, which I hunted
up for a musical program we put on a few years back at Cooper Union:

"We jammed 160 into the
library (not all had seats), we filled the loggia, the dining room, the
hall,
clear into the billiard room, the stairs and the brick-paved square outside
of
the dining-room door." I'm counting on your article to help me make sense of
all that.

All the best,

Peter Salwen
New York, NY