Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2016 17:09:43 +0200
8bit
From:
Wolfgang Hochbruck <[log in to unmask]>
To: Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
...true -- and the LoM passage might be read as sequential
jump-cuts alright. But a _really_ cameratic zoom-in is
difficult to do in literary fiction (and i am still trying
to figure out HOW Belasco did it at the beginning of _The
Girl of the Golden West_). It is possible and has been done
in stream-of-consciousness passages of modern novels, but
in the 19th c. conventional syntax structures would still
have blocked that route.

best,

On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 09:58:25 -0500
 Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Are we talking about a zoom-in (a single camera moving
> in) or a sequence of
> jump cuts, each one closer to the scene of action? They
> are not the same.
>
> Kevin
> @
> Mac Donnell Rare Books
> 9307 Glenlake Drive
> Austin TX 78730
> 512-345-4139
> Member: ABAA, ILAB
> You may browse our books at:
> www.macdonnellrarebooks.com

Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Hochbruck
Dept. of English / Centre for Security and Society
Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg
Rempart St. 15
D-79098 Freiburg
Germany