From:
Cindy Lovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2016 18:04:29 +0000
The Mark Twain House in Hartford's new exhibition about the
daughters is featured in tomorrow's NY Times. Here is a link
to the article: http://nyti.ms/1U6q5pO

Thanks to those of you who loaned artifacts, shared expertise,
etc. to help our curatorial team create such an impressive
exhibit.

You may also be interested in our new Living History Tours.
We currently feature four (Olivia Clemens, housemaid Lizzie
Wills, lady's maid Katy Leary, and coachman Patrick McAleer)
with plan to add more. Two minute video here:
http://bit.ly/1NDU242

Here's hoping the links can be cut and pasted. Please share
on social media, etc. to help us get the word out.

Also, a quick update on the coin sales (as of May 15):
16,628 gold (out of 100,000/16.6%) Cost: $412-414
83,072 silver (out of 350,000/23.7%) Cost:$49-50

We want to sell 100% of all coins. They will not be offered
after Dec. 31. If 100% are sold, each of the four Mark Twain
sites in Hannibal, Hartford, Elmira, and Berkeley will
receive approximately $1.75 million - at no cost
to taxpayers. The coin collectors have purchased the bulk
of those sold, and I know I speak for the other three sites
when I ask you to please consider purchasing these coins.
Link: http://www.usmint.gov and click on:
Coin Programs/Commemorative Coins.

With gratitude to all on this forum for the work you have
done and continue to do on behalf of our beloved SLC.

Cindy Lovell, Hartford

P.S. I saw Hal Holbrook in New London, CT last Saturday.
He continues to add new material and stun audiences
with Mark Twain's relevance. There is a relatively new
Facebook page that includes dates for next season's
performances. If you use Facebook, be sure to "Like"
the page, follow the schedule, and share. Here is a
shortened URL to get you there:
http://bit.ly/1XHTgFt