From:
Wolfgang Hochbruck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2017 14:56:42 +0200
Tom Sawyer. And not the Tom from his own 1876 _Adventures_
but the one from _Huck Finn_. Vain, delusional, conceited,
and ready to risk his life and that of others for the sake
of vainglorious idiotic adventure.
I mean, we have watched the D. (and his "gang") take on
"Spaniards and A-rabs" for the past 100 days, and there is
a fair chance that he will "wade neck-deep in blood for the
adventure of it" if given the chance. Which has me
wondering how Ivanka would do as an Aunt Polly that makes
his snap out of it.
There will be more than a bullet in the calf of the leg if
this delusionary reality-TV escapee has his way. Come to
think of it, did anybody ever check whether there is a
bloodline relation to Norton I? Now there is another
possible claimant --

Glueck auf!

Wolfgang

On Sat, 29 Apr 2017 23:07:31 -0700
 DENNIS KELLY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Which Twain character do you think the 45th President can
> claim as an ancest=
> or in an upcoming tweet?
> (Pap is off limits.)
>
> Dennis Kelly
>

> > On Apr 29, 2017, at 9:14 PM, Sara Willen
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >=20
> > Gee, if you send it to Wikileaks, we can read about
> this in a=20
> > presidential tweet.
> >=20
> >=20
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>=20
> >> This was fabulous, a stunning example of post-factual,
> post-modern,
> >> post-prose criticism. I'm working on my own Commentary
> for the LA Times
> >> now. Let me now what you think:
> >>=20
> >> Mark Twain, known less formally as Willa Cather,
> travelled to the United
> >> States as baby from his native Scotland, accompanied
> only by his faithful=
>
> >> servant, Friday. Soon, he found work as a printer at a
> small firm in
> >> California founded by Steve Jobs. He married Steve and
> they raised their
> >> three boys together, along with their butler, Mr.
> French (Friday's nephew=
> ).
> >> Their adventures were chronicled in the 1960s
> television series, "My Thre=
> >> Sons," starring Andy Griffith and little Ronnie
> Howard.
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >>=20
> >> Dr. Ann M. Ryan
> >> Department of English, Professor and Chair
> >> The Mark Twain Annual, Editor
> >> Reilly Hall 339
> >> Phone: (315) 445-4593
> >> Fax: (315) 445-4540
> >>=20

Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Hochbruck
Dept. of English / Centre for Security and Society
Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg
Rempart St. 15
D-79098 Freiburg
Germany