Sender:
From:
tdempsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:27:41 -0500
Dear Forum Friends: There is going to be a dedication of a statue of Sam
Clemens (they are calling him Mark Twain, but he is a 25-year-old
steamboat pilot in the statue) on the riverfront of Hannibal on July 4,
2003.  Here is the program.  I invite you who will be within driving
range to join us. I'm sure Sam will be enjoying this emensely.

Terrell

UNVEILING OF MARK TWAIN STATUE
AND DEDICATION PROGRAM
July 4, 2003 - 2:30 p.m.
Glascock's Landing

Program Opening
"Star Spangled Banner"
"America the Beautiful"
Aja Powell, Vocalist
(Middle School Orchestra)

WELCOME AND PROCLAMATION OF THANKS
Hon. Roy Hark, Mayor of Hannibal

INVOCATION:
Rev. Mrs. Mary Armstrong-Reiner
Rev. Tim Schwartz

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Shriners will lead the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag
With Flag Presented by American Legion Color Guard

COMMENTS:
By Mark Twain
Portrayed by Judge Robert Clayton

MUSIC:
"Old Man River"
(Middle School Orchestra)
Larry Craig, Vocalist

STATUE UNVEILING
By the new Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher
and
Tom and Ted Schwartz
After the unveiling The Jaycees will shoot
25 rocket salutes & U.S. Army Cannon will shoot a salute

CLOSING REMARKS
"Thanks for Coming" by J. Fred Schwartz, for the Family

CLOSING MUSIC
The band will play a melody of patriotic songs.
Shriners Mini-mules and Clowns