Sender:
From:
Graham Allan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 1995 08:57:00 +0000
>    I think our favorite writer should get a new pentium computer with
> quad-speed cd-rom drive and 16k of RAM. He was always the first one

Boy!  I'm sure he would have loved that, but would the quality of writing
have been the same?  I _know_ that my style is changed immeasurably by
spell-checkers, grammar checkers, style-checkers, thesauruses and the
ability to change great chunks of text at the sweep of a mouse, but in my
case it's an improvement -- I think that for someone with flair and
talent the opposite might apply.

Graham