From:
"ALAN C. REESE" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1993 01:23:45 -0500
Carefully noting your evidence is circumstantial (even twice) does not
make the evidence any less circumstantial. It seems to be rather shoddy
research but good advance publicity to report what you suspect or to
invent a scenario of possible behaviors. I, too, attended the conference
and spoke to AH at the banquet. I told him his theory was interesting,
but I hoped he would have more substantial evidence before considering
publishing such a stretcher in his Twain bio. knowing full well it will
probably be the selling point.
 I suspect by the question mark you too are speculating on the clenched
body parts of attendees and have little first hand knowledge, Mr.
Alvarez. Be careful or Messr. Hoffman will be consulting you next.

Alan C. Reese