Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Feb 2010 06:58:53 -0500
I came across this story via my  "Mark Twain House" Google alert. It's from
the Wembley & Kingsbury Times, a local newspaper in Britain, about a delay
in the demolition of Dollis Hill House in London. I know Pete Messent has
been deeply concerned with the house's fate and has written about this on
the Forum.

This is the house where Clemens lived in 1900, and said he had "never seen
any place that was so satisfactorily situated, with its noble trees and
stretch of country, and everything that went to make life delightful, and
all within a biscuit's throw of the metropolis of the world."

Here's the story:

http://tinyurl.com/yjhjgdk

If anyone wants to know more or help, take a look at the Dollis Hill Trust
site:

http://www.dollishillhouse.org.uk/

Steve Courtney