From:
Kathy Farretta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:26:19 -0700
Thank you to Larry for his eloquence, to Barry for his passionate
patriotism.

These discussions need to happen, more frequently and in more places.
The Mark Twain Forum, where we are surrounded by friends is a great
place to have them.

In particular, we need to generate the kind of comments Hal makes, so
that we can examine them and think about them.   Because as Ben so
correctly points out, the discussion is not at all an easy 50-50
split with neither side listening.  It's a 70/30 split, and only the
30 seem to have stopped thinking at all about what they say and do.

If we continue to let people ignore the crimes, injustices, and
incompetence of the current administration by letting them keep
saying that the 70 percent of the people who disagree with them are
not listening, are just whining, or are part of some leftist liberal
intellectual conspiracy--then the voices of the 70 percent are silenced.

We need people with the eloquence of Larry and Barry to keep speaking
the truth.  To keep repeatedly pointing out that the Constitution of
the United States is under threat.  We need the world, as well as the
remaining 30 percent to hear the truth so this disastrous course can
be altered.

Sam Clemens is always here with us, speaking truth to power--if you
need the citations just look in Jim Zwick's book!

Kathy Farretta
Qui Tacet Consentit - Silence implies consent.