Date:
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 16:04:14 -0600
I should have clarified my question -- why would/should researchers have
to wait for someone else to take a run at writing an ending to Twain's
unfinished book before the marginalia in _Our Wild Indians_ is available?

Why not just photocopy the marginalia and make it available via
the MTP if it is not already on file there?

I think the commercial value of further attempts for someone else
to write an ending to Twain's novel is not that great and that
the greater good would be served by having Twain's own words
available -- perhaps in a format like Joe Fulton's book _Mark Twain
in the Margins; The Quarry Farm Marginalia_.  The review of that
book is online at:

http://www.yorku.ca/twainweb/reviews/jfulton1.html

Barb