Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 19:13:58 -0500
I am currently seeking readers for my book, _Mark Twain: Cradle
Skeptic_. I hope those of you interested in Twain's early years or
his religious development will look over my current MS and point
out my weaknesses afore I send it to the wolves, er, submit it for
final (gasp) publication.

The MS is relatively short, about 250 pages.  It started as my
thesis, then my dissertation, and three sections have been
published as articles.  Lately, I have attempted to update the
sections discussing recent scholarship and cut out all the
apprentice verbage of the dissertation draft (which NO ONE should
read.  Now or ever.)  The early chapters still read, to me, like a
dissertation (reviewing all that that came before) and much is
intended for the general reader who's not as knowlegable as y'all.
But some sections should open areas for discussion not attempted
before (that I know of).

Here's your chance to appear on an acknowledgements page.  Unlike
the books of the Mark Twain Project, you would not have to pay me
for the privilige. Instead, you'd be helping out a fellow Twainian
before he makes a fool of himself in his first attempt at a
hardcover offering.

Thanks
wes britton