From:
Terry Ballard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Sep 2015 09:20:04 -0400
As far as I can tell this falls into that massive category of "Twainish"
quotes. Checking Google Books you see a number of citations to Twain saying
this, but they are all in 21st century books, and they probably got this
off the internet. Barbara Schmidt's massive Twain quote repository at
www.twainquotes.com fails to list it, so it is almost certainly apocryphal.

--

Terry Ballard
Author and Leisure Studies Manager