From:
Joseph Csicsila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2013 12:01:55 -0400
Dear all:

Great reflections on this thread. We're all very lucky to have the Elmira conference, for sure.

I just want to recommend that EVERYBODY take a listen to the "Old Voices: Lectures from the Past" cd that came in our conference packet. It's amazing! What a treat to be able to put voices to some of the luminaries of Mark Twain Studies: Hill, Tuckey, Smith, Emerson, Baetzhold, etc, etc.

But if you only have time for one, you MUST listen to James Cox's lecture--it is absolutely hilarious!

Thanks to Tim Morgan for all the hours spent transferring those tapes!

Best,
Joe Csicsila